compensation: $50,000 to $55,000 DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Community Mentor & Events Coordinator
OpenPath Investments is a thriving social impact real estate company. A pivotal factor in our success is our Urban Village program, a holistic approach to property management that encourages residents to function as a traditional community. Urban Village ("UV") provides residents of multi-family properties with the structure, support and incentives to create strong, thriving communities as a foundation for raising the overall quality of life for all residents, staff and the greater community. We achieve this through creating feedback loops between all stakeholders involved in the community, by supporting its environmental sustainability for the residents and properties where they live, and by sponsoring events, projects and leadership opportunities that connect people and enliven common spaces at each property.
Our company's growth has led us to seek a new team member for our office in Truckee, CA. The Community Mentor is a role that promote the goals of our Urban Village Program by supporting apartment residents in the pursuit of community-building, including hosting onsite community events at each property throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be involved in the growth of our UV program and contribute to its success. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative thinkers, detail-oriented, and capable of juggling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
EVENTS and TRAVEL
• Plan upwards of 20 onsite resident events each year, including event planning, coordination, travel arrangements and hosting the event (usually ranging from 15-75 resident attendees).
• Travel (lasting 1 - 3 days) for events at various properties in the western United States (currently AZ, CA, CO, NV, TX, UT, WA and WY.)
COMMUNICATIONS and MESSAGING
• Managing UV program promotion for 10+ Urban Village communities across the western United States.
• Creating and managing effective and engaging resident messaging from eblasts, to text messages, print flyers and newsletters, using tools such as Mailchimp, Canva and SendHub.
• Manage relations at each property with both residents and onsite property management staff. Responding to incoming inquiries from residents and office staff.
• Give brief presentations about Urban Village to residents at events.
• Outreach to interested residents and help engage them in Urban Village.
• Manage multiple schedules of resident-led community events using a separate google calendar for each property.
• Facilitate & support resident leadership teams at each property, to include training and mentoring resident volunteers on all aspects of their community-building efforts.
• Managing multiple Facebook pages/groups with posts, event invitations, flyers, etc
ORGANIZATION and REPORTING
• Work with UV Program Director via regular communications over phone, email and video conference, while maintaining and updating work / project plans using web-based tool (www.wrike.com)
• Maintaining & updating organizational files with information for each property (marketing materials, photos, contact lists, documentation etc.)
• Collect, organize and report on impact data about Urban Village community involvement using tracking spreadsheets.
• People skills: friendly/warm, supportive, clear and direct.
• Project management experience. (Ability to plan, manage, prioritize and follow through on all necessary tasks and communications).
• Experience with community-building or organizing, including facilitating group discussions and speaking articulately in front of groups.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including wordsmithing, proper grammar, clarity of content, and understanding of basic brand messaging.
• Visual communication skills, including designing effective, aesthetic and concise flyers and newsletters.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to discern and protect confidential information.
• Email marketing campaign experience a plus (Mailchimp.)
• Social Media experience managing and developing effective Facebook pages & content.
• Ease and understanding of: MS Word, Excel, Publisher (or similar flyer creation program), Google Drive, and creating PDF documents, using email as primary interface for info exchange, file sharing etc.
• Amazing work ethic and ability to function well in fast-paced work environment
• Self-motivated and proactive
• A desire to learn new things
• A love of organization and orderliness
• A positive and fun outlook on life
• Exceptional emotional intelligence: heart-centered, poise, maturity, and level-headed
• A belief that individuals can make a difference, and collectively we can change the world
Comp and Benefits:
This is a full-time position, normally Monday thru Friday, with flexible schedule due to travel that often occurs on weekends. Compensation is dependent on experience, and is likely to be in the $50,000 to $55,000 range. We offer paid sick leave, and vacation.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants will first spend some time perusing the Urban Village FB page at https://www.facebook.com/theurbanvillage/ and the OpenPath company website at http://openpathinvestments.com/. THEN, prepare a cover letter to include with your resume that describes what it is about this position and our company that ignites your passions, that inspires YOU to be our newest team member.
Initial phone interviews to take place week of Jan 7th or 14th. Those asked to return for in-person interviews the week of Jan 21, will be requested to provide references, a brief writing sample, and a flyer design sample. The position will remain open until filled, hopefully to take place by February 1st 2019. Start date tentatively scheduled for February 15th, 2019.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers