Assoc Producer/Researcher/Outreach Dir WTD 2-10 hrs/wl (Reno or Carson city)
Who Am I:
Cofounder and Project Director for an activist tech startup team (the "we" I use below) to help achieve progressive goals: (medicare for all, rapid replacement of fossil fuels with solar/wind/geothermal, rapid reduction of student debt, rapid reduction of mass incarceration, etc), by developing organizing technology that's more powerful than ever before. In other words, to take the next big step beyond Gandhi and King, Alinsky, and beyond Obama, and Bernie Sanders' tech teams.
I have been a social venture tech entrepreneur since 2006, and before that as a national first place award investigative documentary filmmaker and book author. My PhD is in Ed Psych (UC Berkeley, and Masters from Harvard)
I just moved from Reno for the next 6mo to 12mo to Mexico and to avoid having to haul around my large suitcase of files, as well as to get help in my ongoing fundraising, research, and partner acquisition and liaison work need a little help.
Possible Title (depending on 1) which of the following duties you can handle and 2) how long you are with us):
Duties (Some of these are on our website under the Outreach/Research Director position. So google Win Wisely, all one word), since CL does not permit urls.
1) to occasionally find a folder (I will be trusting, after verifying you, with a large suitcase of files), scan or photograph (w/ your smart phone) specific pages and then email them to me. The files are being kept by my a friend on Arlington and First street in Reno
2) to research potential campaign and complementary tech partners and their contact info: e.g.campaigns to keep fossil fuels in the ground, pass a state level Medicare for all, etc (see above issues); ditto re potential donors (I will give you their names and probably cities);
3) Optional: to write potential donors and campaign partners, using boilerplate I will give you
4) Optional: to become the liaison between our startup and the campaign
5) more if can be mutually agreed-upon as the need arises, and from your own initiative.
NOTE: Being a startup, big plus to be willing to be flexible, wear more than one hat, and take initiative
Hours: Totally flexible unless there is a special emergency
For (1): at most an average of 1-2hrs/wk
For (2) 2-5hrs per/wk but more if you wish and I have the funds
For (3, 4,5); TBD
1) attn to detail
2) highly reliable and easily reachable by email and phone (using Whatsapp you can also call me for free)
4) Plus if you speak or write Spanish and
5) Big Plus if you have a verifiable activist background (ie can prove you share our values). Activist means actions, not just words
1) $8-10/hr to start (more once we raise funds), depending on experience, speed, attn to detail, etc and more once we raise funding and depending on your length of service
2) mentorship in learning the art and science of high donor fundraising, partner finding and collaboration
Note: the latter is worth often $100/hr
3) the satisfaction you are working on what might be the most impactful social change tool of 2019, hence a huge feather in your hat for your resume,not to mention impressive title and reference
After you check out our website, a cover letter indicating why you want to work with us
Email me: gary (at ) Win Wisely (all one word) with org extention
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers