compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At JK Architecture Engineering, we believe that lifestyle and great design go hand-in-hand. With three offices in California (Auburn, Tahoe City and San Jose) and one office in Nevada (Reno), we are strategically grounded in locations that offer our team various levels of projects that challenge the intellect as well as provide opportunity to deliver innovative design and engineering solutions. If you decide to practice the art of Architecture or Engineering with JKAE, you will be joining an award-winning team while simultaneously enjoying the beautiful Sierra Nevada. We are community-oriented and family-focused. If you are looking to join a great firm, work with a staff that is energetic and motivated, and seek excellent benefits, JKAE is the place for you. We would be excited to review your qualifications if you feel you are a match for this position.
An immediate full-time position is available for a Senior Project Architect. Specialized experience in snow country design, mountain living and resort architecture a plus. Candidates must be committed to design excellence, interested in the craft of architecture and building, and capable of producing a strong set of construction documents in Revit and/or AutoCAD. The ideal candidate should demonstrate leadership abilities as this position is intended as to progress into a Studio Director or Associate Principal role with market-sector leadership responsibilities.
- Create and Manage construction documents in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Assist in the design documentation process working directly with Project Managers and other designers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and experience in coordinating with architectural team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, with 10 or more years of relevant architectural work experience.
- Design skills that will engage with our IMAGINE | DESIGN | CREATE studio approach.
- Proficiency in Revit with minimum 5 years hands-on experience.
- Proficiency in Navisworks a plus.
- Experience in contract administration.
- Experience in either resort or recreational sector with commercial or institutional projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Experience with Sustainable design. LEED AP a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Effective written, graphic, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and oversee project team members and have FUN!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTAL
Please submit in PDF format only the following:
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your relevant experience and interests
- Samples of completed work: photos and descriptions
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers