compensation: Competitive Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package offered to full time employees. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At JK Architecture Engineering, we believe that lifestyle and great design go hand-in-hand. With three offices in California (Auburn, Tahoe City and San Jose) and one office in Nevada (Reno), we are strategically grounded in locations that offer our team various levels of projects that challenge the intellect as well as provide opportunity to deliver innovative design and engineering solutions. If you decide to practice the art of Architecture or Engineering with JKAE, you will be joining an award-winning team while simultaneously enjoying the beautiful Sierra Nevada. We are community-oriented and family-focused. If you are looking to join a great firm, work with a staff that is energetic and motivated, and seek excellent benefits, JKAE is the place for you. We would be excited to review your qualifications if you feel you are a match for this position.
An immediate full-time position is open for a Project Engineer with a primary focus on structural engineering. This position currently resides in our Tahoe City office but could be based in our Auburn office for the right individual. Candidates must be experienced in residential, commercial, and resort/hospitality engineering and design. A significant portion of our work is wood/timber framed construction throughout the Tahoe/Truckee area, which requires design for significant snow loads and seismic requirements. We are also seeing an increase in commercial projects as we grow outside the Tahoe Basin with projects throughout Northern California and Nevada. The structural department services projects initiated within JKAE, as well as from our broad client base, which includes private developers, outside architects, public agencies, contractors, and homeowners.
- Provide structural engineering expertise on varying levels of projects under supervision of senior engineer.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal oversight, beginning with predesign and stewarding the project through construction.
- Ability to prepare complete construction document package including structural calculations, plans, and details for small and medium sized projects.
- Coordination with clients, governing agencies, and contractors.
- Conduct site and agency visits to ensure project timelines are met.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- 4 to 8 years structural design experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure in California and/or Nevada required, Structural Engineering (SE) licensure a plus
- Critical knowledge components include wood/timber framing, steel, concrete and masonry design.
- Strong background in wood framed construction
- Experience with medium and large construction projects
- Understanding of codes and constructability
- CAD and/or Revit skills a bonus
- Adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Precise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies and contractors is required
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTAL
Please submit in PDF format only the following:
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your relevant experience and interests
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers