compensation: Pay starts at $12.00, negotiable for right candidate and may increase after successful probationary period (90 days). employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Carson City Senior Center is hiring for an experienced Cook/Assistant Kitchen Manager. This position supports all of the operations of the kitchen with cooking, prep, ordering and supervising in the absence of our Kitchen Manager. Must be willing to work as a team, be dependable and enjoy cooking 600+ meals each day.
Full-time (40/hours), Monday through Friday, 5am-1pm, a Saturday for events once or twice a year; PAID holidays, sick and vacation. Pay starts at $12.00, negotiable for right candidate and may increase after successful probationary period (90 days).
Join a fantastic crew that is dedicated to serving quality food for our seniors and Meals on Wheels recipients. Stop by the Senior Center to fill our an application or send your resume through email below.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Kitchen Manager
SALARY RANGE: $12.00/hour
POSITION HOURS: 35 hours per week, 5:30am – 1:00pm, 5 days/week, subject to change
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist Kitchen Manager in the operations of a commercial kitchen including prep, ordering, cooking, delegation, inventory and serving line; position manages kitchen in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
BENEFITS: Annual and sick leave, paid holidays and workers’ compensation
SUPERVISOR: Kitchen Manager
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None; assumes supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of the operations of a commercial kitchen and equipment. Must be able to read printed materials and be able to communicate with the staff. Valid Food Handler Safety Test or ability to obtain within the first 30 days of employment and valid ServSafe or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 70lbs. Ability to safely run commercial kitchen equipment. Maneuver and lift chairs, tables and other equipment as needed for facility set-up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete all prep for meals according to approved menu.
• Package meals for Meals on Wheels program including frozen meals.
• Assists with running the serving line for congregate lunch.
• Keep all the areas clean and sanitized, including sweeping and mopping floors.
• Accept and verifies deliveries.
• Assist with ordering of raw foods and supplies.
• Assists in putting away all deliveries received from vendors.
• Operates kitchen equipment properly and in a safe manner.
• Assists in the development of a nutritionally compliant and appealing menu.
• Interacts with clientele in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Completes daily inventory logs, temperature logs and other forms as assigned.
• Trains all positions to become proficient in all areas to be able to fill in with any absence.
• Supervises kitchen staff in the absence of the Kitchen Manager.
• In the absence of the Kitchen Manager, assumes all duties and responsibilities to operate the kitchen including entire meal preparation, ordering of raw foods and supplies, inventory control and supervision, oversight and management of food preparation and food safety including temperature logs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Ability to understand and follow instructions on cleaning supplies. Understand and follow Servsafe guidelines for safety and sanitation. Ability to properly and safely operate slicers, mixer, kettles, ovens, warmers and other kitchen equipment. Read and understand MSDS on all chemicals used in the kitchen.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This is an at-will employment and as such, may be terminated at any time for any reason, or no reason.
• The employee will have a 90 day probationary period.
• Employee must be willing to work overtime, weekends, special events, and holidays if required.
• This position will receive a pay differential up to $15.00 per hour in the absence of the Kitchen Manager for three or more consecutive days.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers