Prominent Reno, NV Restaurant seeks a phenomenal Chef. Chef will provide "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests on a timely basis and is responsible for ongoing training and communicating these standards to the staff.
QR Code Link to This Post
Candidate must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work under busy conditions, stay positive and above all provide excellent customer experience.
• Check freshness of food and ingredients
• Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
• Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
• Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
• Work with and train other food preparation workers
• Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
• Estimate food requirements
• Rectify arising problems or complaints
• Participate in hiring process
• Order food and supplies
• Work with food distributors
• Promote a positive work environment
• Work with from of house on ticket times and customer experience
• Follow and implement restaurant policy and procedures, effectively hold team members accountable for their actions and behaviors including dress code and customer service standards
• 3 years’ experience as a Chef preferred.
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Be able to safely lift up to 20 to 25 pounds