The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling Tahoe Donner Food and Beverage to appropriate groups and organizations. Primary focus will be on the membership, local community and nearby drive markets such as Reno, Sacramento and the Greater Bay Area feeder market. This individual will work with Food and Beverage staff to determine appropriate group pricing and ensure that fulfillment is seamless for everyone involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Collaborate with Tahoe Donner Food and Beverage Staff to determine which products and special offers should be offered to targeted audiences.
• Work with Marketing to develop Food and Beverage sales materials that present these offers in a way that is concise, clear and dynamic.
• Work with Marketing on maintaining Tahoe Donner’s Banquet and Events website for all venues.
• Work with outside marketing companies (the knot, wedding wire, here comes the guide) to bring in additional business. Keep up with our pages on these marketing sites and keep track of the business these sites generate.
• Solicit prospects via email, direct mail, phone calls, social media, personal communication or any effective medium.
• Utilize a contact management program for prospects that can be used as a tool for following up. This should include information about the prospect and what products may interest them.
• Attend events such as wedding shows and chamber mixers where prospects may be found, as a Tahoe Donner representative.
May be asked to:
• Direct the production of banquet and events when necessary. Oversee and plan the pre-event setup. Assist and direct banquet setup employees in setting up rooms for functions.
• Meet and greet client upon their arrival. Check for any last-minute needs or changes.
• For the Lodge and Alder Creek Adventure Center target weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate groups (holiday parties, executive retreats), family reunions, birthday parties, sports team parties, family events etc.
• Meet regularly with Lodge General Manager and Banquet Manger to establish that all details are on point and that parameters of events are met.
• Meet regularly with Lodge General Manager and Banquet Manager to discuss: event interest, scheduled events, promotional material, pace reports, package pricing, seasonal offerings, etc.
• Work with all Tahoe Donner Charter Clubs on scheduling and event needs.
• Work with non-profit organizations on scheduling and event needs.
• Recognize and support a positive work environment.
• Be knowledgeable of all banquet packages and pricing.
• Be friendly and positive with all site tours. It is our goal to establish a personal level with guests and members.
• Be friendly and positive with all correspondence involving interested clients.
• Understand all aspects of TD Event Contracts and make sure that all contracts are complete prior to transfer to Banquet Manager.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Wear appropriate professional attire. Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and some holidays. Must understand purchasing, cost control and profitability techniques.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and two years related sales experience and/or business training. Requires experience with Microsoft computer programs and a history of sales success. Requires experience in group sales, ideally in destination travel, and some background experience working in food and beverage.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Requires possession of valid Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association insurance carrier.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and communicate. The employee frequently is required to remain stationary and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to move; position oneself close to the ground. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers