available afternoons available evenings available mornings available overnight education completed: bachelors
QR Code Link to This Post
I am a professional geologist that works as a consultant. If you are in need of my services for any type of field work, please contact my services
Previous employment included work as a consulting geologist for Rangefront Geologic. Work included projects at different locations which included Core Logging and Drill rig coordination. Prior to this I was as a contract Geologist with GeoTemps, where I completed several projects working at multiple mines. My roles included RC and Core logging, Mapping, Modeling, Sampling and Surveying. Future career goals include more experience as a project geologist, field work, mapping, modeling and underground ore control. Due to this I am always looking for the next opportunity. Competencies: Project Geologist, Drill rig Coordinator, Mapping, Modeling, Logging, Sampling, Dispatching, QA/QC and ore control. Willing to relocate: Anywhere Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Consulting Exploration Geologist Golden Vertex Corp - Bullhead City, AZ September 2019 to December 2019 Project Geologist of infill project to locate and identify the ore body and vein structure in regards to expansion of open pit.
· Drill rig coordinator and oversee of drill pad and road construction
· Sample collection, chip logging, dispatching of samples and QA/QC of assay results
· Review and approve down-hole and collar surveys
· Ore control when needed
Consulting Geologist Rangefront Geological - Elko, NV August 2018 to August 2019 Hackle Mining Company - Fire Creek Mine, NV Completed exploration program to locate and identify the vein structures for future expansion of underground workings.
• Core logging and Geo-technical logging
• Construction of face maps and cross-sections
• Dispatching of completed holes to lab
• Magnetic Susceptibility and Conductivity with use of Terra Plus
Consulting Geologist Rangefront Geological - Elko, NV March 2018 to July 2018 Elko Mining Group – Goldfield, NV Participated in exploration program to locate and identify the ore body for prospective open pit.
• Orientated core logging with use of IQ logger, software and protractors
• Lithological identification of clays and minerals with use of Terra Spec
• Construction of cross-sections and dispatching of completed holes to lab
• Conduct inspections and safety checks of drill rigs and submit daily drill reports
GeoTech Supervisor Geotemps, Inc. - Winnemucca, NV October 2017 to March 2018 WSMD Consulting Inc. - Twin Creeks Mine, NV Observed and directed the Greek con sulfide project sampling according to SOP from shipment of sample bags to individual samples for calculation of moisture percent and final assay results.
• Monitor truck shipments with use of weight scale at the train station depot
• Inventory daily truck loads & supervise the sample crew in sampling of bags
• Oversight of the met-techs in the assay lab in regards to initial and final weighing of samples and completion of composites
• Submit daily reports, photos and updating of excel spreadsheets
Contract Geologist Geotemps, Inc. - Winnemucca, NV July 2017 to October 2017 Hycroft Resources and Development, Inc. – Hycroft Mine, NV Fulfilled sulfide metallurgy project by collecting, logging and sampling of full-core.
• Conduct daily pit, highwall & drill rig safety inspections
• Geotechnical (RQD, fractures, JCR & hardness) and lithological logging of full-core
• Chip Sampling and dispatching of samples
• Collection and creation of daily drill-logs & mud-inventory reports
• High wall and surface mapping using Vulcan modelling, mapping and sampling
Contract Geologist Geotemps, Inc. - Round Mountain, NV May 2017 to July 2017
Kinross Gold – Round Mtn. Gold Corp. Mine, NV Completed density sampling project with use of half-Core according to required length & lithology.
• Sampling of full-Core and RC alluvium
• Assisting in lithological logging of full-Core and RC chips
• Organizing of new lay-down yard through stacking, binding, bagging and mapping of pallets
• Creation & Dispatching samples, standards & blanks
Wellsite Geologist Impac Exploration Services, Inc. - Permian Basin, TX April 2017 to May 2017 Created and maintained an accurate drilling record from start to finish of an oil and gas wells by providing a detailed lithological and gas reading.
• Collecting, sieving and washing of cuttings & monitoring gas chromatographer
• Logging of drill cuttings in detail and entering observations into the drill record.
• Providing daily reports of lithological record and gas readings to petroleum geologist
Contract Geologist Geotemps, Inc. - Lovelock, NV June 2016 to December 2016 Coeur Mining - Rochester Mine, NV Performed collection and dispatching of samples (Core and RC). Coordinated and supervised with contract driller crews and site contractor operators in regards to drill sites, operation, reclamation and safety.
• Surveying of prospective roads, pads & drill hole sites and final surveys
• Collection of Core and RC drill logs, samples, chip trays, on-site lithology and termination of drill hole
• Dispatching of core samples, reruns (pulps, rejects, and core) through use of Acquire database, bins and forklift • Work with environmental contractors in regards to water testing, conductivity of ground water wells and acidity of sulfide rocks through sampling
Contract Geologist Geotemps, Inc. - Lovelock, NV May 2016 to June 2016 Pershing Gold Corp - Relief Canyon Mine, NV Completed soil sampling project and prepping for transportation within targeted areas of the mine boundaries. Including digging of sample hole, collecting of sample, sieving, and recording of coordinates.
• Marking of sample hole with tag and flagging
• Lithological logging of samples with use of a hand lens, acid bottle and rock hammer
• Extensive travel by foot over uneven surfaces and by company truck over unpaved roads
Exploration Geologist Intern
Goldcorp - Valmy, NV May 2013 to August 2013 Marigold Mine, NV Performed mapping within and out of mine boundary including surface, pit and high wall mapping
• Marking and oversight of drilling locations and drill rigs
• Collected rock samples, chips and rejects within exploration area
• Prospected outside of mine boundary including collection of soil samples
• Lithological logging of rock chip samples
• Assisted production department in ore control
• Use of seismic survey equipment for slope stability
• Conducted and managed field research and investigation, recorded observations, compiled data and prepared final report of prospective drilling area in unexplored area of mine to assess the geologic potential
Bachelor of Science in Geology University of Nevada - Reno, NV
Bachelor of Arts in Latin American Studies Cal State University East Bay - Hayward, CA
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
MSHA Part 48 Surface & Underground October 2019 to October 2020
SKILLS AND TRAINING
Mapping and Surveying: * Brunton Compass & Trimble GPS * Field, Surface, Open-Pit, Underground & Cross-Section Mapping * Initial & Final Surveys of collars and down-hole * Road & Drill Pad Survey & Construction
Logging and Sampling: * Core and RC Logging of Lithology, Alteration, Mineralization, Structure and Veins * Oriented Core Logging with IQ Logger and protractor * Geotechnical Logging (Recovery, RQD, Fractures, JCR & Hardness) * Soil Sampling and Logging
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers