ACS Professional Staffing is looking for a full-time employee to work on-site with our client. The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility's telecommunication transport network -- Carrier Ethernet, MPLS, SONET/TDM; Provide professional SCADA/RTU system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system. This position is located in Reno, NV.
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
• Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
• Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
• Select hardware, software, and communication protocol (DNP, Harris) that are compliant with the
• Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
• Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
• Support company-wide project activities related to the RTU solution, design, and installation
• Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
• Recommend standards related to RTU hardware/software selection, interfaces, and installation
• Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
• Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
• Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
• Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
• Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Delivery engineering design package on time
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
• Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
• Experience with IP subnet, IP routing, MPLS provisioning a plus
• Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
• Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
• Demonstrate knowledge of structured programming, and RTU communication protocols
• Demonstrate knowledge of EMS/SCADA RTU architecture
• Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
• Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin."
"ACS Professional Staffing is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disabled Employer"
Visit us at
Follow and tweet us @ACSProStaffing
Connect with us on Facebook