ABUV Media is a fast-growing, private equity-backed online publishing company that helps consumers make informed decisions about topics such as higher education, careers, and personal finances. We do this by creating well-researched online resources with useful interactive tools.
We have an immediate opening for the role of Data Developer on our Data Analytics & Reporting team. This role supports the design, development, and management of data and reporting capabilities for the company. The team is responsible for managing the entire data infrastructure, including delivery of information and reports to decisions makers and users both internal and external to the company. This involves data extraction and loading, as well as the design and maintenance of report-oriented data structures. The languages and tools that may be used include, but are not limited to, Python, T-SQL, MySQL, and SQL Server (SSMS, SSRS and SSIS). To be successful in this position candidates should have strong attention to detail and be able to set priorities and coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously.
You may be a great fit if: You have extensive experience in software development, particularly as it relates to data and databases. You are meticulous for data accuracy and have experience in database management or you have a background in Business Intelligence. You are comfortable working independently as well in a team and across business functions.
Core job responsibilities:
• Develop code to collect data from internal and external sources
• Develop database schemas and objects required to store and manage data
• Design and develop front- and back-end components for reporting solutions used by teams throughout the company
• Define, collect, organize, and analyze all data and requirements associated with given projects/tasks.
• Provide data processes and reports which align to business and user requirements, including documentation.
• Own product and feature changes through the development lifecycle, from wireframing/prototyping through design and development
• Define, collect, organize, and analyze all data required to push quality projects forward to timely completion
• You set a high bar for yourself. You work well independently and as part of a team, and are always learning something new.
Possible job responsibilities (depending on skillset and interest level):
• Develop standard and ad-hoc reports for business users
• Conduct first pass data analysis for newly acquired data and review with stakeholders
• Develop big data applications
• 8+ years of professional work experience
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience in querying and administering databases
• Experience with software development practices and at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
• Team player comfortable collaborating closely with other technical contributors as well as business users and decision makers
Not required but a big plus:
• Experience developing in an Agile team environment with short delivery sprint cycles
• Understanding of user experience and design principles
• Experience working and communicating with remote teams
ABUV has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and in the Lake Tahoe/Reno, NV area. The preferred location for this role is Reno, NV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers