Sierra Pacific Windows crafts windows and doors from select wood species grown and harvested in our own forests. As a proud part of Sierra Pacific Industries, we are the only window company that oversees our products from the moment our tree seeds are planted until our beautiful wood windows are produced and delivered. Now, we're one of the largest window companies in the world. We have more than 600 dealers and distributors with sales in 30 countries around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our IT Department in Red Bluff, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using the latest RPG techniques and environment on an IBM iSeries platform.
About The Position
• Design, develop, and deploy computer applications in support of the Company's wood window & door manufacturing and sales operations.
• Analyze business requirements and product design to formulate effective applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
• Interface with other systems and perform internal and external checks and controls.
• Collaborate with user departments and managers to identify technology requirements and determine how desired results can be achieved.
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, including modifications to existing programs, computer applications, capabilities or limitations.
• Analyze existing systems and programs, recommend technical alternatives, improvement processes and modifications or new systems.
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems.
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive projects to completion.
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff.
• Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or related Computer Science program.
• 2+ years' experience with RPG, C++, VB/.Net, or similar application development environment.
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable.
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
• Excel at verbal and written communication for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company.
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Results oriented; possess a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results.
• Honest, hardworking and have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality.
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by July 13, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilize nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn't turned into windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers