compensation: Salary DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Health Club Manager is responsible for the organization, management, administration and supervision of all aspects of High Altitude Fitness. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: hiring, training, scheduling, troubleshooting and problem solving, assisting in payroll; updating staff training materials, operating manuals; assisting with developing, adjusting and enforcing policies and procedures; equipment inventory and maintenance, including health and safety checks; overseeing risk management practices; keeping and compiling ongoing patron usage statistics.
The Health Club Manager will also be expected to collaborate with the owner and General Manager as well as Department Managers. This position will require varied hours, 40 hours per week. Night and weekend hours will be required at various times.
1. Essential Functions:
- Recruit, Hire, Train, Manage, and Evaluate Staff
- Supervise recruitment efforts, assist in staff selection process
- Recruit new employees.
- Update job descriptions as needed
- Manage staffing needs, manage and mentor staff
- Staff training and supervision
- Develop and operate the systems, policies and procedures directly related to operations
- Plan and conduct ongoing training and development programs for staff
- Prepare written materials to educate and train staff and to assist with patron orientation
- Communicate regularly with management and staff about important issues, program needs and evolving policies and procedures
- Delegate work to appropriate employees.
- Oversee membership issues, member profiles, membership sales
- Prepare reports regarding patron and equipment usage patterns
- Recommend purchases of equipment and supplies, and equipment replacement plan
- Interface professionally and positively with vendors regarding scheduled preventative maintenance, and needed repairs.
- Maintain accurate service records
- Assist with customer relations as needed
3. Instruction and Outreach
- Develop and coordinate fitness center programs
- Provide Fitness Center orientation sessions (instruction on correct and appropriate use of equipment) for patrons at regular intervals and varied times throughout the year, with emphasis on new members
- Develop and execute a system of routine maintenance, a schedule of daily, weekly, quarterly and annual maintenance to ensure proper working condition and adherence to warranty requirements
- Provide mechanical and advanced technical support for equipment in the fitness center
- Oversee routine equipment maintenance and cleaning and train others to assist
- Manage inspection of equipment for preventive servicing and repairs
- Inspect cleanliness of facility and report problems
- Maintain accurate service records
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Qualifications: -Bachelor's Degree preferred in exercise physiology, kinesiology, human performance management, recreation, health, or related field with a strong emphasis in health and fitness and business management required.
- Strong computer skills required with MS Office software and basic website capabilities
- Certification by American Red Cross in Adult CPR and First Aid required within one month of hire
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative when unsupervised
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of staff, members and visitors on a daily basis.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1-2 year's experience hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and supervising staff. Prior customer service and/or front desk management experience and interest in fitness. Rock climbing experience, or general rock climbing knowledge, must be 21+ years of age.
Special Instructions to Applicants: ONLY RESUMES ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER WITH AVAILABILTY WILL BE CONSIDERED. Availability must include specific details- days and available hours per day.
Salary - DOE $41,000 - $50, 000
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers