***Freeway Service Patrol Operators***
QR Code Link to This Post
United Road Towing US-NV-Reno/Sparks
Driving a Service Truck now? You could be in place quicker with less training needed.
We're searching for Vehicle Maintenance Technicians that enjoy driving to fill our positions for
Freeway Service Patrol. Duties include patrolling highways in Northern Nevada (Reno/Sparks area)
to assist stranded motorists along assigned routes. This position is responsible for offering assistance with minor vehicle repairs and/or emergency medical services while adhering to dedicated routes. Duties also include cleanup of scene debris, removal of misc. roadway debris, and assisting Highway Patrol as needed.
Candidates should be willing to drive entire shift with minimal exceptions. Clean driving record and ability to test for ASE G-1. Will train for all, but prefer candidates to have some of the following certifications at the time of application: First Aid and Safety Program, National Emergency Vehicle Operators Course, OSHA HazMat First Responder Program, CPR Certification, DOT flagging course or approved equivalent.
All drivers must:
• Be at least 21 years of age and have a minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent.
• Possess a valid Nevada Driver's License.
• Have no moving violations recorded within the past three years.
• Successfully pass the background investigation.
• Have the ability to work independently following established guidelines.
• Have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
$17.50 Per Hour
BENEFITS OFFERED AFTER 90 DAYS
***Traffic Center Technicians Dispatcher***
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience which include customer service and two or more of the following: maintaining records, using computers and Microsoft Office products, answering telephones, logistics, and reviewing forms, documents and other written materials; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ENTRY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (required at time of application):
Working knowledge of: standard office practices and procedures; arithmetic necessary to produce statistical reports; customer service by phone and other methods. Ability to: work independently and as part of a team; establish and maintain effective working relationships; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; work effectively with frequent interruptions and distractions; operate a computer and ancillary equipment; speak clearly and distinctly using correct English; communicate effectively in writing sufficient to document roadway events and customer service calls; remain focused during a variety of traffic
events and emergency situations; learn to respond appropriately to telephone and radio communications while monitoring computer equipment and roadway information sources; add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers accurately; compile, organize, and summarize data for inclusion in reports; maintain records including manual and electronic files; use word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and other associated business software; read and understand manuals and other written materials; read maps that include identifying routes.
Essential Functions of this position, the candidate must be able to:
1) work variable shifts, Day, Swing & Graveyard, including weekends and holidays
2) work overtime and/or be called back to work overtime
3) work at a desk and look at a computer screen for an entire shift
4) be able to multi-task
5) remain calm, collected, efficient and effective in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities
6) pass a pre-employment drug screen, if requested
7) speak, read and write in a clear, understandable fashion, using good diction, spelling and appropriate grammar to provide accurate information
8) see, read and understand policy, procedure manuals, reports, memorandums, other written materials and maps
9) operate all NDOT office equipment, such as telephones, radios, computer keyboards, mouse, copier and fax
10) remember strings of letters, names, numbers, locations, codes and acronyms
11) hear radio traffic, ringing telephones and audible alarms while speaking on the radio or telephone
$15.00 Per Hour
BENEFITS OFFERED AFTER 90 DAYS